Cryptography and Network Security for the Internet
Cryptography is the process of making information secret by converting data or text to a coded format to be sent to intended users. The recipient then deciphers the code to obtain the message. The Internet makes sending private messages much more challenging, since anyone with adequate computer skills could potentially tap into a network, intercept a message, and change it or use the information for criminal purposes, which is why effective cryptography is crucial. Using cryptography enables us to prevent our information from getting into the wrong hands, and it is an important aspect of network security.
Classical Encryption Techniques
- Types of Encryption: In this article, the University of Wisconsin explaining some different types of encryption and related concepts.
- Encryption in Defense: The Department of Defense explains how important encryption is to our security.
- Encryption at the IRS: Encryption is very important when dealing with sensitive information such as tax filings.
- The Future of Encryption: The National Science Foundation talks about the development of new encryption technologies in this article.
- Encryption 101: Check out these slides explaining encryption in an easy-to-understand way.
- Galois Field Properties: Rutgers University offers an explanation of the Reed Solomon Galois Fields Theory.
- Validation List: Here is a list of implementations that have been validated as conforming to key agreement schemes.
- Finite Fields in Cryptography: This lecture from Purdue University talks about finite fields and their role in network security.
Advanced Encryption Standard
- Advanced Encryption Standard: This University of Texas presentation examines the basics of the Advanced Encryption Standard.
- Encryption: Check out this document that discusses encryption and its importance in protecting various types of sensitive information.
- Analysis of Advanced Algorithms: If you want a more technical guide on algorithms, cryptography, and encryption, read this analytical report.
Confidentiality Using Symmetric Encryption
- Ensuring Confidentiality With Symmetric Encryption: Symmetric encryption is a method traditionally used to keep messages private.
- Safeguards in Authentication and Encryption: An academic paper examines the effective management of encryption protocols.
- Security for Patient Information: Cryptography is an important part of keeping patient information safe in the medical field.
Number Theory and Hash Algorithms
- Using Cryptography in Business: Hash functions ensure the integrity of information and do not require a key to decode.
- Hash Functions in Numbers Theory: Peruse this guide to learn what hash functions are and how they work in network security.
- Math and Internet Security: The American Mathematical Society discusses the role of number theory in Internet security.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Digital Signatures: This is an article with frequently asked questions and answers about digital signatures.
- Creating Digital Signatures in Adobe: If you need a digital signature on a document, check out this informative guide.
- Payment Card Industry and Digital Signature Standard Analysis: Here is an article examining the payment card industry’s use of digital signatures.
- Authentication vs. Authorization: Learn the difference between authentication and authorization here.
- Kerberos: Kerberos is an authentication protocol developed at MIT.
- Understanding Authentication: Boston University explains authentication in this article.
Electronic Mail Security
- Email Security in Health Care: The American Health Information Management Association looks at threats and safeguards related to email safety.
- Email Security Guidelines: The National Institute of Standards and Technology lay out standards for email security in this document.
- Tips for Employing Email Security: Use this article to learn some tips to improve email security.
- Reporting Cyberattacks: The Department of Homeland Security shows where to report any cyberattacks you may have encountered here.
- Email Security and Email Attachments: Here is an article discussing the importance of playing it safe when you receive email attachments.
IP Security and Web Security
- IPsec and VPNs: A government analysis looks at security controls and standards for virtual private networks.
- IP Camera Safety: The FTC explains the dangers of using IP cameras and how you can keep your network safe.
- Web Security Overview: This FCC document gives an overview of cybersecurity, including Web security.
- Explanation of SSL in Web Security: Columbia University explores the subject of Secure Socket Layer technology and Web security.
- Legalities of Privacy: The state of Minnesota looks at the legal issues surrounding data security and privacy.
- Guide to Firewalls: Check out this document on firewalls that’s an excellent resource for beginners.
- Firewall Deployment: Peruse this report on how to deploy a firewall program for process control systems.
- Types of Firewalls: Here is a brief overview of the different types of firewalls.
- Firewalls in Network Security: A NASA report discusses firewalls and other network security issues, like viruses and worms.
- Firewall Management: Use this guide to firewall management to understand and implement this technology at home.
- Analysis of Firewalls and Virtual Private Networks: This document is a useful resource for those wanting information on using a private network, whether it’s a paid version or a free VPN.
Download Hotspot Shield VPN. It’s Free!
Join over 650 million users already enjoying absolute Internet Freedom around the world by downloading Hotspot Shield VPN.