By Praveen Kannan and Anna Strokolyst The Hotspot Shield team believes the internet should be open and secure …
Whether we’re capping off our day with a nice cup of chai, making plans to go see the latest Salman Khan movie, or catching up with a relative working abroad, there’s one friend that’s always with us: the internet. It supplies us with endless hours of entertainment, has invaluable information about infinite topics and keeps us connected with the world, no matter where we are. But often, heavy restrictions are placed on this resource, and its up to us to get back our online freedom.
Online users have experienced the most recent instance of this with the blanket ban that happened in India, because of which Indian users lost access to some of their favorite websites, like CollegeHumour and 9gag. This wasn’t the first time something like this has happened – India’s favorite free ringtones and wallpapers app Zedge got blocked in 2013. Given how history tends to repeat itself, something like this is might happen again. But this time, we can help you be prepared. We have the perfect free tool for you, that can help you bypass any such future bans, so that you have uninterrupted access to your favorite websites: Hotspot Shield.
How can Hotspot Shield help you?
Hotspot Shield is a free tool that helps you achieve three very useful goals:
- It helps you bypass any website bans in your country, thus giving you full access to online content
- It protects you from any hackers and snoopers online
- It keeps your presence on the internet private and anonymous
Moreover, there’s an extra advantage to using Hotspot Shield in India: You can finally access all those websites that India may allow but other countries block you from accessing! Popular examples are Spotify, Pandora, Netflix, all of which are available in the US but not available in countries including India. But don’t let that stop you anymore; download Hotspot Shield and let the browsing begin!
How is Hotspot Shield better than a proxy?
Most of us have heard of, or maybe even tried using a proxy server to get past a block on our favorite website. However, here is why our millions of worldwide users prefer Hotspot Shield over proxies:
- Hotspot Shield only needs to be downloaded once – after that you can simply turn it on and enjoy browsing freely at any hour, every day. Proxies on the other hand need to be searched and opened up every time you want to access a blocked website.
- Hotspot Shield is a much safer method of accessing blocked content, since it helps mask your online activity and lets you stay anonymous and private.
- While proxies only cover web browsing, Hotspot Shield will cover every activity going on in your device, including multiple browsers open simultaneously, as well as apps or softwares (unless you choose to enable Smart Protection Mode).
So don’t wait for the next website ban – be prepared by downloading and trying out Hotspot Shield now, and get back your online freedom in India.
Step-by-step Guide to Unblock Content
1) Download the free Hotspot Shield app on your device. It is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and now, on Windows Phone 8. Click below to get your download:
2) Turn on the Hotspot Shield on your device. Inside the app, “United States” will be chosen automatically as your virtual location.
If you have difficulties using Hotspot Shield and need support or have questions, contact us via our help desk. We will be happy to help!