Download a VPN on Your Apple TV to Watch Netflix
Apple TV is one of the most popular options to turn your TV into an all-access streaming media player. But while people love that Apple TV lets them take control of their viewing and binge-watch all of their favorite TV shows and movies on Netflix, it’s frustrating to be limited to only the movies and TV shows available in your local area. With a fast and secure virtual private network like Hotspot Shield VPN and an iPhone, you can maximize your Netflix library and enjoy unrestricted access to content from all over the world. It only takes a few simple steps to get your Apple TV, VPN, and iPhone working together to make this happen.
Make Sure Your Devices Are on the Same High-Speed Network
Your Apple TV and iPhone must be using the same Wi-Fi network to be able to talk to one another. It’s also important to make sure that your iPhone is using your home Wi-Fi rather than your cellphone provider’s network. You should also use a high-speed Internet connection, as the VPN might slow your Internet speed a little. Using a high-speed network will make sure your stream doesn’t buffer.
Enable AirPlay on Your Apple TV
Apple TV’s AirPlay Mirroring function allows you to take what’s on the screen of a compatible device, such as your iPhone, and transmit it wirelessly to the television connected to your Apple TV. In your Apple TV’s Settings menu, select AirPlay and turn the feature on.
Enable AirPlay on Your iPhone or iPad
AirPlay must also be activated on your iPhone. To do this, follow these steps:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone’s screen to access the Control Center.
- Chose AirPlay Mirroring.
- Select your Apple TV from the list of devices.
Download the Best VPN for Apple TV
If you don’t have the Hotspot Shield app, now is the time to download it from the App Store. It’s free to download, and it works on any iPhone or iPad running iOS 7 or later.
Sign Up for Hotspot Shield Elite
Hotspot Shield’s free version comes with access to U.S. servers and a limited ability to stream content. But with Hotspot Shield Elite, you’ll get:
- Instant access to numerous virtual locations, faster speeds, and unlimited bandwidth
- The ability to use Hotspot Shield on up to five devices simultaneously
- Privacy protection and website unblocking, as your online traffic is rerouted through our servers, making it look like your device is located in the country of your choosing
- Encryption of your outgoing data to protect your information from hackers
Select Your Preferred Location
Now, go into the Hotspot Shield app on your iPhone and choose to connect with a server from the country of your choice. Netflix provides a different range of movies and TV shows to each of its international markets, but the widest selection of titles is available in the U.S., so many people choose to connect to an American server from abroad.
Sign into Netflix
Now, you’re ready to start safely accessing all of that great international content.
- If you’re new to Netflix, sign up for a subscription on your iPhone and download the app.
- Open up the app on your phone and log into your Netflix account.
- Search through the content that’s available in the virtual location you selected until something catches your eye.
- Choose what you want to watch. Your choice should start playing on your TV set.
Now, there’s nothing left to do but grab some snacks and settle in for a movie marathon or TV show binge!
Get Started for Free Today
By using Hotspot Shield VPN on Apple TV, you’ll be able to get the most out of your Apple TV and your Netflix account by unlocking a world of great movies and TV shows. You’ll also get the ultimate in privacy protection and security for all of your online activities. And when you sign up for our Elite service, you’ll get a free seven-day trial of the best VPN for Apple TV, so you’ll have plenty of time to try it out before you buy it. Once you start a paid subscription, you can still take advantage of our 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind: We feel confident enough to offer this guarantee because we know that you’ll be satisfied!
With an Apple TV, VPN service from Hotspot Shield, and your iPhone, you’ll have the best of Netflix and the rest of the Internet at your fingertips. Try our VPN on Apple TV today and see why hundreds of millions of people around the world trust Hotspot Shield.