The easiest way to improve your digital privacy is to switch your IP address using a VPN. We’ll …
Do you support privacy as a human right? Anchorfree’s CEO, David Gorodyansky, will be speaking on this topic at SXSW 2015 with your help.
SXSW (South by Southwest) is a set of film, interactive, and music festivals and conferences that take place annually in Austin, Texas in mid-March.
Each year, thousands of entries are submitted. The topics that get the most votes from the community, the advisory board, and the SXSW staff will get invited to present at this prestigious event.
As you know, Anchorfree is a champion of internet privacy. Our Hotspot Shield VPN protects users’ privacy on the Internet by encrypting all your communications.
Anchorfree’s CEO, David, Gorodyansky, is bringing privacy to the forefront of discussion with this proposed topic. The questions that will be explored under this topic are:
- Should the right to own one’s data be the 28th amendment?
- Is privacy a fundamental human right, or a luxury for those who can afford it?
- What should and shouldn’t be shared with companies, governments and technology?
- What can policy makers, businesses and technologists do to ensure consumers are better informed about privacy issues?
- Should protecting an individual’s privacy be a fundamental human right, recognized by both governments and corporations?
Vote for the “Privacy as a Human Right” Topic
With so many high quality entries, the selection process is very competitive. To be considered, Anchorfree’s “Privacy as a Human Right” topic needs your votes.
In order to cast your vote, you need to do the following:
- create an account on PanelPicker.sxsw.com.
- After creating the account, you need to vote directly on the topic here.
- Voting ends on Friday, September 5, 2014. After voting, it’s important to leave a constructive comment about what you do or do not like about the proposals you voted on.