With government censorship happening more often, or telcos monitoring and sometimes preventing access to certain content/apps, we never have guaranteed access to our favorite apps and websites. Pakistani and German users have lost proper access to Youtube, UAE users lost access to VoIP apps like Skype, and, most recently, Brazilian users lost access to Whatsapp and Indonesia lost access to Netflix.
While we understand that the government has its reasons for placing these bans, most of us just want to access these apps to keep in touch with our friends and access entertainment from home. So what’s the solution? How can we have continuous, guaranteed access to our favorite apps without having to worry about such bans? The answer is simple: Use Hotspot Shield.
What is Hotspot Shield?
Hotspot Shield is a free tool that helps you achieve three very useful goals:
- It helps you bypass any app or content bans in your country, thus giving you full access to online content
- It protects you from any hackers and snoopers online
- It keeps your presence on the internet private and anonymous
With over 650 million downloads worldwide, it is the most popular and trusted app of its kind in the market. By simply downloading it on your device and turning it on, you can get immediate access to any content that may be blocked in your country, such as Netflix, Youtube, Skype or Whatsapp.
Why is Hotspot Shield better than a proxy?
Most of us have either heard of or even tried using a proxy server to get past a block on our favorite apps or website. However, here is why millions of worldwide users prefer Hotspot Shield over proxies:
- Hotspot Shield only needs to be downloaded once—after that, you can simply turn it on and enjoy browsing freely at any hour, every day. Proxies, on the other hand, need to be searched and opened up every time you want to access a blocked website.
- Hotspot Shield is a much safer method of accessing blocked content since it helps encrypt your online activity and lets you stay anonymous and private.
- While proxies only cover web browsing, Hotspot Shield will cover every activity going on your device, including multiple browsers open simultaneously, as well as apps or software.
So don’t wait for your favorite apps to get banned again. Be prepared by downloading and trying out Hotspot Shield now, and get back your online freedom.
Step-by-step guide to access blocked apps in Indonesia
1) Download the free Hotspot Shield app on your device. It is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Windows Phone and now even as a browser extension for Chrome and Firefox. Click below to get your download:
2) Turn on Hotspot Shield on your device. Inside the app, “United States” will be chosen automatically as your default Virtual Location (the location of the secure server you are connected to). This means that you will be browsing the web as if you were located in the United States despite being physically present in Indonesia.
3) Go to Netflix or any blocked app and enjoy all they have to offer—no matter where you are in the world.
If you have difficulties using Hotspot Shield and need support or have questions, contact us via our help desk. We will be happy to help!