Digital privacy shouldn’t be put on the back burner just because you’re traveling abroad. Below, you’ll find a …
Of all sports, soccer is the worldwide champion in terms of popularity. Whether it’s the fast-paced action, the jaw-dropping athleticism, or the determined spirit of the players, it’s impossible not to love. Many of us feed our obsession by following the UEFA Champions League, but what happens if your cable provider doesn’t show the games? How can you still get in on the action?
About the UEFA Champions League
The Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) organizes the Champions League, which replaced the European Cup back in 1992. The competition starts out with 32 teams from across Europe, divided into four groups of eight teams. The best two teams in each group advance, and the competition narrows until there is an overall champion.
This year’s UEFA Champions League is bound to keep fans entertained, with breathtaking action, unforgettable plays, and everything else that makes soccer a great sport.
Where to watch the UEFA Champions League
There are a few television networks that show UEFA Champions League games, but you often need a specific cable package to watch those games online. Sometimes you cannot access the games at all because of your computer’s IP address. Still, if you are in the right place, or you pay for the right subscriptions, you may catch some of the games.
In the U.S., you may find some of the action in the links below.
- ESPN Deportes. The content here is in Spanish, but they do show some of the games live.
- Foxsports.com/soccer. This network covers soccer all around the world, including not only the UEFA Champions League, but other leagues as well, such as the Europa League. They even cover Rugby.
- Fox Sports 1 and 2. Both networks give updates and videos related to UEFA.
In order to keep up with all the games, check out livesoccertv.com. It has a schedule of upcoming matches and lists places you can go to stream them live in your country.
How to change your virtual location to stream UEFA Champions League
As previously mentioned, you may not be able to access some content because your computer’s IP address places you in a certain country. For example, some networks may block streaming to the United States for certain matches. To navigate around this obstacle, follow these steps:
1) Install Hotspot Shield VPN and choose to upgrade to the Premium version (you get one week free of charge) to enjoy the ad-free experience with access to over 25 virtual locations around the world. You’ll be able to have Hotspot Shield on up to five devices, including your computer and Android or iOS device.
Download Hotspot Shield Now:
2) Open Hotspot Shield and change your virtual location. If you know that the match you want to watch is streaming live in the United Kingdom, for example, you can fool the website that provides the streaming into thinking that your device is in the UK. So, in this case, select the virtual location from the drop-down menu called “United Kingdom.”
3) Now, when you launch the streaming app in the UK, regardless of where you actually are in the world, you will have full access to all the content as if you were sat in a pub in Oxfordshire. And the same applies to other countries or locations you want to stream from.
4) Enjoy the game!
There are other perks that come with being able to change your virtual location. You’ll be able to watch Netflix shows that are available only in other countries. And, of course, you’ll also have access to more sports than just soccer, like streaming NFL football. You’ll also be able to unblock games, social media, movies, music, and more. There really is no end to the new forms of entertainment that will open up to you, and as an added plus, a VPN hides your internet activity from hackers, government agents, and even your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so you can be sure your devices are secure, private, and have unparalleled access to worldwide content.
Ready to don your jersey and scream your lungs out as you watch the guys go at it on the field? Be able to change your virtual location so you don’t miss a single play.