How to get a Finnish IP address
The easiest way to improve your digital privacy is to switch your IP address using a VPN. We’ll …
The Brits are good at producing comedy and drama shows. Some popular shows include EastEnders, Top Gear, Waterloo Roads, Bluestone 42, MasterChef, Downton Abbey, It’ll be Alright on the Night, Sherlock Holmes, and Good Morning Britain.
These shows can be accessed online via online channels. However, due to licensing issues, you’d have to be living in the U.K. to access the shows.
Normally, you would be blocked if you try to watch these shows outside of the U.K. But by using Hotspot Shield, you will be able to overcome the geo-restriction and watch the shows from anywhere.
I will show you how to use the Hotspot Shield app to unblock the online channels later. But first, here are the available online channels and their top shows:
|Online Channels||Popular Shows||Free or Paid?||How to Access|
||Can pay for monthly subscription for no advertisements.
Note: need to sign up and provide a UK postal code
|1: Click “Register Now”|
||Free||1. Go to Stv.tv
2. Need to sign up just like ITV and provide a UK postal code
||Free||1. Go to Channel5|
||Free||1. Go to Channel4|
||Paid||1. Go to SkyTV
Note: Must have a U.K. postal code and also a SkyTV account, which requires a subscription.
Since UK channels are geo-restricted, you would need to make these channels think that your internet connection is coming from the U.K.
Luckily for you, the Hotspot Shield app enables you to bypass the geo-restriction and allows you to stream content from the above U.K. channels to your computer or mobile device.
Hotspot Shield does this by changing your IP address to a U.K. IP address. By connecting to the channel with a U.K. IP address, the channel will think that you are connecting from inside the U.K. and will grant you access to its content.
Hotspot Shield has support for multiple devices and platforms so you can watch these shows on your Mac laptop, Windows PC, Android tablet, or iOS smartphone.
1. Click on the below button to download Hotspot Shield on your device.
2. Upgrade to Hotspot Shield Elite version to have the UK option among your virtual locations and thus, be able to unblock UK geo-blocked content. With one Elite license, you will be able to protect up to 5 devices (iOS, Android, Mac and/or Windows) and benefit from an unlimited and unrestricted access to your favorite content. Click here to upgrade!
3. Sign in to your Hotspot Shield Elite account, turn “on” the protection and select “United Kingdom” in the Virtual Location menu.
4. Now, you’re connected to the Internet virtually from the UK. To verify that you are virtually located in the UK, you may visit whatismyipaddress.com. You will see that you have a UK IP address and your location is in the UK.
5. Connect to the channel of your choice and enjoy watching your favorite shows!
If you have difficulties using Hotspot Shield and need support or have questions, contact us via our help desk, https://hsselite.zendesk.com/home. We will be happy to help!