Why are websites blocked?
Certain websites may be blocked in your country for cultural, religious, or political reasons. For example, your government might believe that certain websites contain content that is harmful to the government, or offends religious sensibilities.
Websites might be blocked at your workplace because your supervisors feel that they are making employees less efficient.
Internet access at school might be restricted because the administration may feel that certain websites and social media platforms are distracting to students.
Some websites might also be blocked because of imperfect content filters. This type of software was meant to restrict access to harmful websites, but can also block legitimate websites that you need to access to conduct research or purchase supplies.
To gain access to blocked websites right now, download Hotspot Shield and give it a try for free.
Options for unblocking websites
Here are the pros and cons of some commonly suggested methods for gaining access to restricted websites. This summary will clear up many myths regarding website unblockers.
Use Google Translate or Cache
Another way to unblock a website is to use Google Translate or Google Cache. Translate can help you translate localized versions of a website that you do have access to. Cache works like Wayback Machine, allowing you to see archived versions of a website.
- Free to use
- Google Cache can give you more recent information than Wayback Machine
- Google Translate can allow you to access a live, localized version of the website
- Translations are never perfect and one misunderstanding can lead to unwanted financial or personal consequences
- A cached version of a website could be missing important information
- The information or products on the localized version of the website may not be available in your country
- Localized websites can contain less information than the original version because the cost of translating the content can prevent full translation
Both of these options are not ideal for unblocking websites. They sometimes offer old or inaccurate information.
How do I unblock website right now?
Unblocking websites is easy. Just follow these steps:
Sign up for a Hotspot Shield account
Download the Hotspot Shield app
Turn on the VPN and access your favorite websites
That’s all there is to it! You’ll be unblocking your favorite websites in minutes.