How to get a Finnish IP address
The easiest way to improve your digital privacy is to switch your IP address using a VPN. We’ll …
The 2015 Rugby World Cup, held in England, starts September 18th. So it’s time to stock the house with your favorite snacks, get your favorite refreshments and cancel everything but rugby-based engagements from your social calendar because you can still catch the matches online live and free.
For rugby fans who have access to login credentials from a US cable or satellite TV subscription service, you can log in to the Universal Sports live stream which is available at this link.
ITV will broadcast all 48 matches on free-to-air and online streaming services which are available on their website. However their service is only available for people who live in the UK. Fortunately, there is an easy way to bypass their geo-restrictions. Hotspot Shield lets you change your browsing location so you can surf the web from 18 locations of your choice.
When you connect to Hotspot Shield’s server in the UK, our service will assign you a UK IP address, which means your ‘virtual location’ is in the UK. In other words, you can now access any UK geo-restricted platform as if you are currently in the UK.
ADDED BONUS! If you happen to be streaming the matches on a public WiFi hotspot, Hotspot Shield will also protect and secure your device by encrypting all your internet traffic, making it impossible for hackers to steal any sensitive information you keep on your laptop/mobile or intercept and capture your web traffic.
Hotspot Shield has support for multiple devices and platforms and with the Elite membership you can protect up to 5 devices simultaneously so all members of the family can access their favorite shows at the same time.
Hotspot Shield freemium version (sponsored by ads) comes by default with the US location though you may upgrade to Hotspot Shield Elite (premium version, no ads) to access more than 15+ virtual locations in order to gain access to the UK virtual location, allowing you to watch the Rugby tournament using ITV.
1) Download Hotspot Shield on your device
2) Sign in to your Hotspot Shield Elite account or upgrade now
3) Once logged in to your Elite account, inside the app select “United Kingdom” as your virtual location. You can check your new IP address info at www.findipinfo.com (we recommend to clear your browser’s caches and cookies before)
4) Go to ITV player and register. Make sure to use a UK post code, which can easily be found here, as well as a valid email address
5) Save the games on your calendar, check the fixtures and TV Schedule and you’re ready to enjoy the games. Just go to: http://www.itv.com/rugbyworldcup with the UK Virtual Location.
If you have difficulties using Hotspot Shield and need support or have any questions, please contact our customer service via our help desk. We will be more than happy to get you up and running!