A VPN, or virtual private network, is an essential tool for online privacy and security. It helps keep …
Attention Game of Thrones fans,
Season 5 of the popular fantasy drama TV series is scheduled to premiere on April 12, 2015!
Yup! Just another 2 weeks away and I will be glued to the TV, watching every episode that rolls out.
Game of Thrones is HBO’s most popular TV series ever. The good news is that you can now watch each episode in real time without subscribing to a cable service!
HBO just released its streaming service, called HBO NOW, which allows you to stream its content on the Internet for $14.99/month and good news, first month of service is free! It is available in the iOS App Store and on your Apple TV. The service will be Apple-exclusive for a few months before it heads to other devices.
(Note that HBO’s content is only available for viewing inside the U.S. So If you are traveling outside of the U.S. or located in a country where HBO is not yet implanted and want to access HBO content, you can use Hotspot Shield to overcome the geo-restrictions. At the bottom, I will reveal how you can use Hotspot Shield to overcome geo-restrictions and access HBO content from anywhere in the world.)
HBO Go vs HBO Now Streaming Service
HBO Go and HBO Now are both HBO’s streaming services. Here is the difference between the two services:
- HBO Go is the existing service, which allows people who pay for it as part of a cable subscription package to stream the content on the Internet.
- HBO NOW’s streaming service is a stand-alone service (doesn’t require cable subscription) that costs $15/month. The service is expected to debut before April 12 and will launch on Apple devices (Apple TV, iPad, and iPhone). In addition, HBO will offer a 30-day free trial to anyone who signs up through Apple in April. Apple will be the exclusive internet-only provider of HBO Now for the first three months.
Step by Step Instructions to Installing Hotspot Shield and Accessing HBO’s Game of Thrones
If you have an active account with HBO Go or HBO Now, and are traveling abroad or located in a country where HBO does not offer its services yet, you can follow the step by step instructions below to use Hotspot Shield to get access to HBO’s content from any country.
1) Turn on Hotspot Shield on your device. The Hotspot Shield app is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Click below to download the app on your device:
2) Upgrade to the Elite version for faster speed, unlimited & unrestricted access to your favorite HBO content. The Elite Membership enables you to protect up to 5 devices simultaneously and comes with over 15 virtual locations (access even more geo-restricted content!).
|UPGRADE TO ELITE|
3) Sign-in to your Hotspot Shield Elite account.
4) Select “United States” as your virtual location inside the app.
5) Open HBO, sign-in or “Start Your 30 Days Trial”, grab some popcorn, enough drinks, and enjoy Season 5 of Game of Thrones.
If you have difficulties using Hotspot Shield and need support or have questions, contact us via our help desk. We will be happy to help!