A VPN, or virtual private network, is an essential tool for online privacy and security. It helps keep …
Anchorfree’s CEO David Gorodyansky recently published an article on Wired.com, bringing to light the importance of privacy and security in the Internet age.
Here are the key points mentioned in the Wired.com article.
- The Obama Administration is ramping up efforts to strengthen America’s cybersecurity and make it more difficult for hackers to damage our economy and threaten our privacy.
- The unprecedented demand for mobile devices (more people in the world have access to cell phones than toilets, according to the U.N.), further complicates legal issues when it comes to Internet use and what is private and public information.
- As the next five billion people come online (the majority from developing countries), they will transition from feature phones to smartphones. Personal privacy will be essential to ensuring their survival – both offline and online.
- The amount of our data stored online will expand exponentially in the coming years. Thus security and privacy protection will become even more necessary in the next five years as we continue to digitize every aspect of our lives – from fitness to home automation.
- To preserve the Internet, we must make security and privacy ubiquitous, simple, and understood by all.