The easiest way to improve your digital privacy is to switch your IP address using a VPN. We’ll …
I listen to lots of music. It’s a surprise that I haven’t subscribed to one of those music streaming services such as Spotify or Pandora. Perhaps it’s because I don’t want to cough up the $10/month subscription fee. Both services come with free options, but with many ads as well.
So, it’s a delight for me to find out about Amazon Prime’s Music streaming service. Since I am already a Prime member, I get to enjoy its music streaming service!
As I explored Amazon’s music streaming service, here are some of things I like about it:
- It offers an ad-free listening experience – music can be paused, replayed, or skipped without any restriction.
- Enjoy music from top artists such as Daft Punk, P!nk, Bruno Mars, Blake Shelton, The Lumineers, Bruce Springsteen and Madonna.
- There are more than one thousand Prime Playlists, curated by expert human music editors and categorized by artist, decade, top songs, and more.
- You can download songs, playlists, or albums to your phone so you can listen to it offline anytime you want without having to burn up your cellular data.
- Finding music is so easy with advanced search, filters, and more!
Now, the only bad thing is it has a much smaller selection of music (over 1 million songs) compared to other music streaming services such as Spotify, Beats Music, Rdio, Pandora, etc.
Perhaps, I will eventually be willing to pay the $10 per month subscription fee to the premium music streaming services such as Spotify. But for now, a million songs is plenty of music for me to enjoy and explore!
How to Access Geo-Restricted Content
Due to licensing rights issues, content from Amazon Prime is supposedly only accessible if you reside in the U.S.
So, if you are traveling abroad, the site will block you from accessing the content even if you are a Prime subscriber. To bypass the geo-restriction, you would need to use Hotspot Shield.
Hotspot Shield enables you to get a virtual I.P. address from the U.S. so that you can bypass the geo-restriction.
Follow the step by step instructions below to use Hotspot Shield to get access your Amazon Prime content if you are traveling outside of the U.S.
Step by Step Instructions to Unblock Geo-Restricted Content
1) Turn on Hotspot Shield on your device. The Hotspot Shield app is available on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. Click below to download the app on your devices:
You may upgrade to Hotspot Shield Elite version to benefit from faster speed, unlimited and unrestricted access to your favorite content, unblock 18 virtual locations and protect up to 5 devices simultaneously. Click here to upgrade to Elite.
2) Inside the app, once protection is activated, select the U.S. virtual location to get a US IP address. You may check your new IP info via www.findipinfo.com (our advice: clear your browser’s cookies prior to checking).
3) Connect to Amazon Prime Music or other streaming sites of your choice (available with a US IP address) and enjoy the music!
If you have difficulties using Hotspot Shield and need support or have questions, contact us via our help desk. We will be happy to help!